30 Principles for Life
By Charles Stanley / Reposted
Charles Stanley is one of the most influential pastors and leaders in the last century. He is best known for his dynamic God given gift for teaching the Bible. He has written over 30 books, served as the president of the Southern Baptist Convention, and founded In Touch Ministries. After 50 years in ministry, he decided to publish a personal list of the 30 life principles that have served to guide his life and leadership. We couldn’t resist sharing them with you.
1. Our intimacy with God – His highest priority for our lives – determines the impact of our lives.
More about Our Intimacy with God
2. Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.
More about A Life of Obedience
3. God’s Word is an immovable anchor in times of storm.
More about Our Anchor in Times of Storm
4. The awareness of God’s presence energizes us for our work.
More about Energized by His Presence
5. God does not require us to understand His will, just obey it, even if it seems unreasonable.
More about The Unreasonable Will of God
6. You reap what you sow, more than you sow, and later than you sow.
More about The Principle of Sowing and Reaping
7. The dark moments of our life will last only so long as is necessary for God to accomplish His purpose in us.
More about The Dark Moments in our Life
8. Fight all your battles on your knees and you win every time.
More about Fight Your Battles on Your Knees
9. Trusting God means looking beyond what we can see to what God sees.
More about The Thrill of Trusting God
10. If necessary, God will move heaven and earth to show us His will.
More about God Will Show You His Will
11. God assumes full responsibility for our needs when we obey Him.
More about His Promise to Provide
12. Peace with God is the fruit of oneness with God.
More about The Key to Continued Peace
13. Listening to God is essential to walking with God.
More about Listening to God – Walking with God
14. God acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.
More about God Acts on our Behalf
15. Brokenness is God’s requirement for maximum usefulness.
More about God’s Pathway of Brokenness
16. Whatever you acquire outside of God’s will eventually turns to ashes.
More about When Plans Turn to Ashes
17. We stand tallest and strongest on our knees.
More about Standing Tall and Strong Through Prayer
18. As children of a sovereign God, we are never victims of our circumstances.
More about Victim or Victor?
19. Anything you hold too tightly, you will lose.
More about Holding Too Tightly
20. Disappointments are inevitable, discouragement is a choice.
More about Overcoming Discouragement
21. Obedience always brings blessing.
More about Obedience Always Brings Blessings
22. To walk in the Spirit is to obey the initial promptings of the Spirit.
More about Walking In The Holy Spirit
23. You can never outgive God.
More about You Can Never Outgive God
24. To live the Christian life is to allow Jesus to live His life in and through us.
More about The Key to the Christian Life
25. God blesses us so that we might bless others.
More about Passing on God’s Blessing
26. Adversity is a bridge to a deeper relationship with God.
More about Burden or Bridge
27. Prayer is life’s greatest time saver.
More about Prayer: Our Time-Saver
28. No Christian has ever been called to “go it alone” in his or her walk of faith.
More about Together In the Christian Life
29. We learn more in our valley experiences than on our mountaintops.
More about The Valley Experiences In Our Life
30. An eager anticipation of the Lord’s return keeps us living productively.
More about Anticipating The Lord’s Return